Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PSA

This is a new continuation of a blog which has already been in full swing for approximately two or three years. I am switching to a new blog because. Well because I decided to.
I was going to switch to WordPress because of reasons, but after fighting with it for over an hour, I changed my mind. Forget that shit. #Wordpressmenolikey
This also means I have to go through all of the website profiles that I possess and change it. DAMNIT. #Sigh This is going to be so much work. Hopefully it's worth it. We'll see.

So here's the deal, for all newcomers, and a rehash of information for those who will faithfully follow me forward:I abandoned the whole lot of you for a tremendously long period of time because I didn't really have much of anything to say and I really wasn't reading, nor was I picking up new music on a very frequent basis. At that point I just kind of let this blog fall to the wayside, and for those of you who actually like this thing, my apologies are most sincere. For anybody else, you can probably just ignore all of this, because it won't really do anything for you.
Except, of course, for display to you the general quality of my "voice" and the way in which I write these posts. This won't clue you in to the way that I review things necessarily, but it should give you an idea of my flow.
But enough on the English major nonsense. I don't want to get ridiculous. Yet.

I intend to review one book (or album) per post, unless I am working with a series of novels and have read more than one of them before I get around to blogging about them. I will try to be a bit more proactive about blogging than that, but it's hard, okay? Plus I have a certain amount of catchup which will occur over time as well. For the record, I will be moving certain posts over to this blog, but I'll probably keep things set up for one post to appear a day, just so that I don't get horrendously behind again. But we'll see what happens. If you know me, you know how reliable these plans are. Seriously.

In case anybody cares, I'll supply a brief update on my life, just for the sake of it:I am officially a double major (English and Comm Sciences and Disorders) double minor (Linguistics and Philosophy) at UND in Grand Forks. I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life, which is to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. I think it would be really fun and rewarding. Otherwise I think I'd like to teach at a university level. Either way, I'll be completing at least an MA, if not also a PhD. Is a PhD in CSD an MD? I guess I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that.
On a personal front, I'm dating a quite wonderful man whom I shall leave nameless but refer to as Captain. (Not the most secretive of nicknames, but whatever. That isn't the point.) We live together in a cooperative house in downtown GF with [currently] six other persons. I'm considering getting a part-time job downtown since I'm only taking 15 credits currently, but we'll see. I haven't decided yet.

Soooooo that's what I've got. I think. I don't do a LOT of pleasure reading anymore because I'm in a 400-level lit class for which we read a shit ton (imagine that, right) at the same time that I'm taking other heavy duty courses. So. It might be slow going, but I'll do my best. =]

Until next time,

--Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!